Together as a team we have been able to serve our members and our community. Striving to always give our best for our community. Our team , our board come with a vast background of experience. We are here to assist our community to be their representatives within our community.
From the beginning
Where we are now
From the beginning there was always a need to address the growing needs of the Latina woman in our state. A demographic always being coveted during the campaign season, then forgotten once everything fell into place right after that.
We decided to pool together, set out first with an exploratory event to see if we truly needed :
1. Another council in the Central Florida area
2. Were woman's needs really being considered
3. Would women be receptive to an organization that locally was being cultivated by a national organization
4. Would men want to be part of an ALL women's council
5. Would the community support such an endeavor
Where we are now as of the beginning of 2021...well where shall I/we begin
We currently have a presented several programs in line to help those in our community , such as :
1. The Amazing Women of Lulac Scholarship (being awarded this Spring to one lucky woman)
2. WOMEN 4 Lulac Cookbook Series (coming out late spring to raise monies for more scholarship program)
3. Women 4 LULAC Podcast (began Spring of 2020)
4. Gave away 20 Gift Cards for specific needs ( a stipend from our national office)
5. Held our very first event weeks before the pandemic Shutdown (March 2020 The International Women's Summit & Job fair)
6. FALL 2021 - The "Bowling for Justice Tournament" to raise funds for women of abuse
7. Local collaboration with Car Credit to assist us in helping
25 local women to get ready back to work!
And the year is not even half way yet.
Won't you join us in helping our women of Florida?